Chit Chatting with Brenda Shoshanna, Ph.D.

 


                                                                     


 Chit Chatting with Brenda Shoshanna, Ph.D.




Tell Us About Yourself


I am a psychologist, author, playwright, speaker and long-term Zen practitioner. I am also an Interfaith Counselor and worked in this area for years. My work has focused on integrating the teachings and practices of East and West and showing how to make them real in our everyday life. I’ve offered talks, workshops, and meditation sessions for many years. The most wonderful teachers I’ve had are my children and  grandchildren. They constantly remind me to be playful, expect the unexpected and join them in all their different journeys, with an open mind. I am starting a blog now called Turn The Page, where I hope to integrate what I have discovered in the many streams of life I’ve been in.


2) When did you start to write? What was the first thing you wrote?


I started to write in Junior High, very short stories and also short plays, which I put on with friends at the neighborhood Y. The very first thing I wrote was a play about a young girl who was left alone for too long, and was calling out for help. 







3) Tell us about your book, “The Unshakeable Road to Love.”


The Unshakeable Road To Love, (Value Centered Relationships) is based upon eternal principles from all world scriptures, including Zen. These eternal principles, Pillars of Love, guide us in building a foundation for relationships, where happiness and well being are inevitable. And where pain and conflict can be dissolved on the spot. 


A radically different approach to love and psychology, the book offers a completely new perspective on what is truly needed to be fulfilled and to thrive. For example, one of the Pillars of Love the book is based upon is – 


You do not have to be loved to be happy. You have to learn what it means to be loving. The entire work is devoted to learning that.


The book explores the difference between Real and Counterfeit love and shows how all our suffering in relationships is due to being caught in Counterfeit love. And how easy it is to break free of that.

This is a book of practice,  filled with insights, turning points, interventions and many  enjoyable exercises.  In this way the reader can practice these principles in all their relationships, day by day. 


4) How Did You Come Up With The Idea For The Book


I have been working with these principles for many years, always fascinated by the power of relationships in our lives. The idea came during Covid  I was inspired to write the book during the Covid epidemic, when the sense of loneliness, anxiety and isolation was at its peak. I had come by then to realize that isolation, loneliness and anxiety could be easily dissolved through the experience of Real love.


5) What Would You Like People To Take Away From Your Book?


I would like people to realize that real love and relationships are abundantly available to all. There is no need to fear real love. If you are experiencing pain or distress

 in your relationships, it is due to being caught in Counterfeit Love. Once you see how it all works, it is easy to turn everything around. 


Brenda Shoshanna, www.brendashoshanna.com

BLOG  TURN THE PAGE,  www.turnthepage.live

BOOK WEBSITE   www.totalrelationshipsnow.com


6) Where Can People Get Your Book

Book is available on amazon, bn.com, and many platforms.

www.totalrelationshipsnow.com

https://www.amazon.com/Unshakeable-Road-Love-Brenda-Shoshanna/dp/1094378046/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1ZDBQBPFNNTBR&keywords=The+Unshakeable+Road+to+Love&qid=1694106333&sprefix=the+unshakeable+road+to+love%2Caps%2C518&sr=8-1


7) What Are You Working On Now?


I have completed a Memoir, A Flash of Lightning, and am looking for the right agent and publishing house for it. I am also working on a new play, The Doctor’s Appointment (A Dramatic/ Comedy). Another recent play of mine, Searching For The Ox, just received Honorable Mention in the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival and I’m working on preparing for a reading of it here in Manhattan. I also wish to create at last a couple of books based on my podcast that has gone on for over five years, Zen Wisdom For Your Everyday Life, (www.zenwisdomtoday.com).




8) Are You On Any Social Media Sites


I am on Facebook   as Facebook.com/brenda.shoshanna


Instagram  Zenlife7


Goodreads  https://www.goodreads.com/sunflower777


Linkedin.com   Dr Brenda Shoshanna


9) Anything else want to say?


I’d love for you all to subscribe to my blog, it’s free. There’s a place there to interact, and share your thoughts and feelings - The Forum.


www.turnthepage.live



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")