God’s Promise
Written by:  Jill Sheets


One night, after church choir, I decided to take a walk to calm down. I was upset with the conversation that happened in the car as we drove home. This has happened many times before. Typically I usually end up not talking to anyone, even though I know that my family dislikes it when I don't speak.  I feel that if I do not say anything, then I will not say something that I will regret later.

Even when I was younger, I would go for a walk down the street when upset.  Sometimes I would push my luck and take a step farther each time.  I know my mom hated it, but I do not remember her saying anything about me taking off and walking until I was older.

I got out of the car slamming the door and proceeded to stomp down the sidewalk. I tried to process why I was agitated and if there was really a reason for it. Maybe I was overreacting, which would not be the first time and also might mean that I could be wrong.

As I walked I decide to pray.  Even though I did not know what to say and I was starting to get Fibro Fog. I managed to get out what I wanted to say even though others may not have a clue what I was saying.  But God did.

It was not raining, but once in a while, you would feel a drop of water land on your head or your arms.  I welcomed those sprinkles.

 After I prayed, I decided that I should head home. I turned around I saw this beautiful rainbow in the sky.   God’s promise, the one He gave to Noah and his family after the flooding of the whole earth that He would never do that again.  I felt calmer as I walked home.  I had this feeling that everything was going to be alright.
I now realize the reason I was upset didn’t matter.  I knew I would forget it, but I would not forget the rainbow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")