My Biggest Regret

 My Biggest Regret

Written by: Jill Sheets



source: https://www.pexels.com/search/baby/




My biggest regret is having a hysterectomy. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and Endosalpingiosis in Oct 2004. I was 28, almost 29.

My mom and Doctor tried to talk me out of the hysterectomy, but I was stubborn and thought this was the only way to do it.

I was in so much pain, and I was raising my daughter. I did not feel that I would be able to raise her right with me being in so much pain. On top of that, I was going through a divorce. I did not think I would ever find someone that loved me for who I am and would love my daughter as much as I do.

I made a big mistake and couldn't reverse what was done.

If only I had listened and went on birth control. I would not be beating myself up. My mom even agreed with the Doctor that I should go on it. They said that there could be a chance I would want to have more kids. They were right.


I finally found someone who loves me and my daughter the way I do. Thank God for my amazing husband, Darron. It hurts me that I cannot give my husband kids. I think about it at least once a day, and I still beat myself over it.



I am blessed that Darron is my husband. I told him almost right off the bat. He told me that he was adopted, and he understood. He said that we could adopt. At this moment, we have not done that, maybe in the near future.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")