I Am So Sorry, But I Am Glad You Did





I Am So Sorry, But I Am Glad You Did.
Written by: Jill Sheets 

Image result for Jesus




The lashes from being beaten
on your skin.
The weight of your cross
On your back.
Lack of sleep
Weak,
But you still walked.
People following you weeping.
I am sorry,
But I am glad that you did.

The soldiers taking your clothes
And dividing them up.
Spitting on you
Like they were


The nails being hammered
Into our saviors
Hands and feet,
I am sorry,
But I am glad that you did.
The names that they called you.
Making fun of you.
I am sorry,
But I am glad that you did.
Blood and sweat
Running down your face.
The crown of thrones
Digging into you.
I am sorry,
But I am glad that you did.

You dying on the cross.

I am sorry,
But I am glad
That you died
For my sins
And rose again













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")