Are Albums Really Back?


Are Albums Really Back?
Written by: Jill Sheets




Some friends and I were talking about how albums are making a comeback. When I was younger, albums were a great way to listen to music (other than radio), but let’s not forget about tapes. Now there are CDS, MP3s, and places you can buy the songs at like iTunes?
        
   
Talking about the tremendous golden way albums would make a comeback. Light hitting the record as you pull it out of its sleeve. All that made me think about what my first albums were.

These were the ones that came to mind.



The first one I can remember is Miss Piggy’s exercise album. I did like using it, and it did keep me busy. When you were a kid, this was the type of fun that you would have.  You would be doing something healthy, and you would not notice it, other than food. No matter what no matter what age we all can be picky about what we eat, I know I am.




The next one was the “Sound of Music.”  I am surprised that I did not hurt the album due to the fact, I played it a lot and over and over and records do love to scratch. I loved to sing along with the music.  My favorite ones are:

 "So Long, Farewell"
 "Sixteen Going on Seventeen"

I have to stop for the moment and share some important information before we go on.  I have always wanted to be an actress, and I used the records to horn my skills. So keep that in mind, and I talked about the other two albums and songs.



“Grease is the word.”  Yep, that is right.  My next album is Grease. I tried to act like Sandy and I sang the songs below. I am sure everyone in my house wanted to through this album out as I would be on the loud side.

“Summer Nights"
"Hopelessly Devoted to You"
“We Go Together"
"Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee (reprise)"




Some people thought that “Grease 2” was horrible, especially compared to the first one.  I loved them both.  Not only did it have Liz and Jean Sagal in the movie, but had some funny characters and songs to go that gave the characters at least some or more depth. So you should not be surprised with my favorite songs were.


“Reproduction” I loved this song.  I thought it was funny and I could picture their farcical expression.
“Who's That Guy?"
“Girl for All Seasons”
“Cool Rider”


Luckily, I am not a big fan of motorcycles. Can you see me riding around the block belting out all of those songs I learned growing up?



I did have a few that you could consider normal.  I did have an Annie record. Almost had the whole record memorized.  Okay, just the songs I loved. I remember how bad I wanted to play Annie. I remember having a Debbie Gibson album.  I thought I had a Tiffany one, but that is kind of hazy.  I had many of The Monkees albums.  A little-hidden fact, I had a crush on Davy Jones.  I did not realize that he was old enough to my dad, at the time.  On the shows, he did not look that old. Let’s say that MTV broke my heart.  Seeing them perform on stage on an award show.  Is it possible that I had New Kids on the Block albums?  I knew that I had tapes and CDS, but I may have had a record or two of them.

Now that I am okay for the return of records, can someone re-teach me about on how to work the turntable?

What are your thoughts about albums making a comeback?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")