Bunnies Holding Grudges


Bunnies Holding Grudges
Written by: Jill Sheets

Bruce and Thor

Slowly looking around the living room as I write, I make sure that the bunnies behind me are not looking over my shoulder to see what I am writing, and if it is about them.  The two smartest ones look at me when I make eye contact with them. I quickly turn back around, pretending that I am watching TV. I do not want to tick them off, especially because I am on their good side.

Which brings me to the question, can bunnies hold grudges? A lot of you may be thinking, “No, they can’t hold a grudge.” Maybe not in your house, but in my house they can, and they can hold one for a very… very… long time.  One child (Thor) holding a grudge against his dad (Bruce).

It all started when Bruce decided to take a chunk out of Thor. He pulled off fur and even some skin.  My daughter found Thor and brought him to us.  The only animal hospital that was open did not take “Pocket Pets.”  That was on a Sunday. So the next morning, we took him to the vet.  Thank God he was going to be alright.

Not too long after that, Thor was brought downstairs. When moving the rest of the bunnies downstairs, Bruce was put in a cage by himself.  We could not trust him, and really who could blame us. But this time Thor was a lot bigger than his dad, and he knew it.

It took a few days, but we saw Thor get his first revenge on his dad.  I am not sure what was going through Bruce’s mind.  Maybe he forgot or thought everything was okay, but he turned his back towards Thor. Who must have been waiting.  He stuck his nose through the pen and tore some fur off of Bruce’s tail.

All I could say was, “That’s my boy.” I was proud of him for standing up for himself, but really it was just plain revenge.  I chose not to see it that way.  My little Thor would not do that.

Recently Thor took some fur off of Bruce’s nose. You would have thought he would learned by now.  Every time Bruce tries to nose kiss Thor, I wait. I am just waiting to see what my baby boy would do next, which really is no surpise.


I do admit that I do spoil Thor, but when he is not looking, I also try to give Bruce a snack or a toy.  Doesn’t he deserve it? But I have to do it quickly, so Thor will not know.

I did not mention this in the beginning, and I hate to admit it, bunnies are adorable.  I tried my hardest not to get attached to them so I would not pet or hold them, but I have failed.  Have I mentioned that our bunnies are cute?


Now to the question, so can bunnies hold grudges?  Yes, they can. No matter how old the bunnies are, they can act like children.  This can also make them cuter, as long as they don’t hurt the other bunnies too badly. They play, give nose kisses, and sometimes take the fur off each other.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")