What Are Friends For?


Picture source: Amazon.com

What Are Friends For?
Written by: Jill Sheets

I was a huge fan of Selena Gomez. I would watch her TV shows, her movies and listened to her music.  She showed a lot of talent and I knew she would go far.  Slowly I stopped playing and listening to her music and looking back I am not sure why.  She has problems just like other people in the world; except that hers take place not just in private, but public. I hate to admit it, but I believe that I judged her.

I found out that Selena Gomez has Lupus years ago, which is a serious autoimmune disease.  I guess I first heard back in 2014 when she was treated for Lupus with chemotherapy.  For some reason, I could not tell you if I should be mad at her doctors or her.  Yes, it was her choice, but that is not going to get rid of the disease, and I would think it would make you feel worse. 

Recently, Selena was in the news again about her health.  I first noticed that she was in the hospital before I read the headline and then the news. I have to admit I was shocked that she was going to have a kidney transplant.  Who would think that someone her age would have to deal with that?  In the bed next to her was the actress from the series, “Secret Life of the American Teenager, actress Francia Raisa.  What a beautiful thing to do for someone, to give a kidney whether it is a friend or not.

Selena is so young to have to be dealing with all the stuff that comes from having and dealing with Lupus.  It is one of many ugly and harsh diseases.  One that people don’t understand it unless you are going through it.  One second you feel okay, then another moment you are drained and want to sleep. 

I wish the best for Selena Gomez and other people who are dealing with an autoimmune disease and other invisible illnesses. Bless you all.


 © JMS 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")