Where Is the Door?


Where Is the Door?
Written by: Jill Sheets


                         Picture source:  https://pixabay.com/photos/church-monastery-christianity-828640/

When God closes one door
He opens another.
I keep repeating it to myself --
Over and over.
What Will It be?
When will it be?
How will I know?
I ask impatiently,
Trying not to force my thoughts--
On to You.
Wait did You say --
That You want me to start a charity?
No --
That can't be right?
I don't even want to talk about Africa.
No one ever said that You did not
Have a great sense of humor.
Okay...
Wanting me to babysit an infant?
I love babies,
But I am not sure my baby Zooey,--
Who is a dog,
Would not be too happy
Even day --
Every pray
I ask for You to guide me,
To let me know
What You want me to?
Making sure that I hear You and --
Not just what I think You want in my head.
I guess I do have to be --
Patience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")