Let's Keep Our Hopes Up





Let's Keep Our Hopes Up
Written by: Jill Sheets

I am depressed about what is going on in the world, feeling helpless.  I know God is there for me because He is there for everyone but that does not mean t I am not scared.  The unknown is terrifying and this is a big unknown.  This is something as a generation we have never encountered.

But there are things to remember.  One the news only tells us how many people have died from this virus, but not ones that have kicked it in the tail and made it through.  Why not tell us about the people who are making it?  The ones who said, “We had it and survived.” Even though we need all the news, but people need to hear the good also.

What about the people who are doing random acts of kindness.  Like the people who are helping the elderly who cannot get out and who are just afraid as we are. People who are staying open as long as they can to help customers.  The doctors, nurses and other medical personal who are working long hours to help us.  There are so many stories that could put a smile on someone's face. For a moment, letting us forget about it and give us hope.  Not to give up.

We are human, so we want someone to answer for this. We can blame who we want for this outbreak, but what we really need is standing together any way we can.  It may not be next to each other literally. But a post, a call, reminder that this too shall pass.  We will make it through.

I love you all.  I am always here.  May God Bless you.

My favorite bible verse:

Philippians 4:13 : I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")