A Picture Can Say Many Things aka Hair Cuts


A Picture Can Say Many Things
Written by: Jill Sheets
Picture credit:  https://freesvg.org/sad-manga-girl  

Thinking about when I was younger, and what I put my mom through, this memory popped up. One that is not a good one for either my mom or me, but we can laugh about it now.

I was not the easiest of children. Getting a hair cut was a nightmare for my mom and me. There was a lot of frustration for both of us.

Before I went into the Salon, I would find pictures of an actress I like. When I found her, I would cut out a picture of her with the hairstyle that I wanted.  I would hand the poor lady who would be cutting my hair the picture. She had no idea what she was getting into.

It never seemed like it took a long time for the lady to finish my hair. She would give me a mirror to look at so I can see the front and back of my hair. Before I gave the mirror back to her, I would start to cry because I did not look like the person in the picture.

Before I finish telling you the memory, here is a list of people I wanted my hair to look like, but did not turn out that way.

Soleil Moon Frye
Alyssa Milano
Staci Keanan
Lara Jill Miller
Melissa Joan Hart
Fairuza Balk
Danica McKellar
Lauralee Bell
Christina Ricci
Drew Barrymore
Alyson Hannigan

****Just a few*****

I now feel bad for the people who cut my hair; they tried their best to make my hair like the actresses in the pictures. They did a great job and I wish I could tell them now. The only problem is that I wanted to look like those actresses. I guess in a way this was not about the hair cut, it was about me.
Then there is my mom who was embarrassed and had to deal with me crying. Okay, more like throwing a fit. 

Am I the only one that did this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Temple of the Crystal Timekeeper

What I Need to Hear (Review of "Write Out Loud")